College Applications open in early August, 2014, and most of your applications would not be due until November 2015. Now, please understand that it does not mean, you should wait till the last week to start and submit your application; That being said, I would like to give you some tips as you start thinking about the college online application.
- Read the application very carefully and don’t forget the fine print!
- Use standard spelling and grammar
- Do not treat the online application casually. Make sure you are professional as you fill out your application form. Refrain from using abbreviations and the texting language.
- Get a head start on your online application by September. Fill out the simple demographic details day by day. If you wait till the last week to get the application ready, you will notice glitches and roadblocks in the application software.
- Read the application very carefully and don’t forget the fine print and the pop-ups
- Don’t forget to save your work before the session times out. With your busy schedule, you won’t necessarily have to redo the form!
- Compose your essay on a separate word document. Once you have the final version, you can paste it on to the space given.
- Once you have completed the application form, print it out and proof read it. In addition, try to have a trusted person (parent/sibling/teacher/mentor) look at it before you go ahead with your application.
- Do not simultaneously send an application electronically and in the mail. Unless the Admission office has specified you to send the application through both mediums, please refrain from doing so.
- Let your school know way in advance that you are applying to US universities. In that way, it would be easier for them to send your transcripts and letter of recommendation on time.
Last but not the least, take advantage of The IKC and feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns as you go through the application process. Best of Luck!