…Read this! When we were visiting high schools and PU colleges last month, we encountered lots of questions about what you should be doing to make sure that you stay on the correct timeline to pursue an undergraduate degree at a U.S. university. Here are 5 short tips to staying on the right track!
- Keep your grades up! Study hard, do well!
- Register to take the SAT. It is recommended that you take the SAT late this spring (May/June) or during the autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov) of your 12th grade year so that you can ensure that you do well and keep some room to take it again if you need to! You can explore the SAT and register at www.sat.collegeboard.org
- Register to take the TOEFL! Unless you are a U.S. citizen, it is likely that you will be required to take this exam. Learn more about the TOEFL at www.ets.org/toefl
- Start to research universities that offer your program of interest. You will complete your applications for admission between August – December 2013, so take the time between now and then to really get to know what you are looking for in a university.
- Once you know what you are looking for, we can work together to identify universities that will be a good fit for you!
As always, the IKC is here to work alongside you. Be in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions and to begin your journey to higher education in the U.S. – we look forward to working with you!