We currently have an opening for the role of University Counselor, a full-time, overtime-exempt position based at the International Knowledge Center in Bangalore, India.
In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for working with students to help them find the right-fit program and university for their overseas study; this will include interactions with parents and local high school administration as well as involvement in larger-scale recruiting programs. The University Counselor should be committed to staying current with international recruiting trends, partner university needs, and education culture in India.
- Develop and build relationships with local high schools to engage students, parents, and counselors
- Provide individual counseling sessions to students seeking to study overseas
o Help students identify the important factors in choosing a major/university
o Create timelines for application and help the students manage it
o Provide feedback on student SOPs and essays
o Prepare students for their visa interview
- Host parent information sessions
- Facilitate relevant workshops on degree choices, Writing SOPs & Essays etc.
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of India Calling, the biannual undergraduate recruitment event hosted by the International Knowledge Center
- Coordinate various aspects of the College Exploratory Program (CEP), a short-term opportunity for Indian high school students to visit colleges and universities in the U.S.
- M.A. degree in international education, school counseling, higher education, or similar field
- Familiarity with U.S. Universities, their admission standards, TOEFL, ACT, SAT etc.
- Experience working with international students
- Knowledge of the Indian education system
- Experience living/working in India
- Experience working with and advising Indian students
- Experience in guidance/school counseling
Interested applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to Jennifer Wahlquist at firstname.lastname@example.org